We understand that it can sometimes be stressful to think about making a claim because the claims process can be complicated.
Here at Quantum Legal, we are committed to making our customers feel as comfortable as possible before, during and after they make a claim.
Please see below for the process for the personal injury claims that we deal with.
CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY AND ASSOCIATED FINANCIAL LOSSES
Below is a summary of some of the stages which a claim for personal injury and associated financial losses relating to a road traffic accident, employer liability and public liability will go through:
- If you contact us with information on your claim, one of our dedicated personal injury advisors will discuss your claim with you over the phone in order to advise you of the best way to proceed. The initial assessment of your claim is completely free and carries no obligations.
- If we think your claim is a viable one, it will be assigned to one of our expert solicitors on a No Win No Fee* basis.
- You will then be sent a questionnaire on information pertaining to the accident that should be filled out and returned to your solicitor as soon as possible.
- Your solicitor will then send a claims notification form or a letter of claim, setting out the details of your claim, to the third party as well as their insurance company.
- We will arrange an appointment for you to see a local medical expert so your injuries can be assessed, after which the medical professional will draw up a medical report containing information on the pain, suffering and loss of amenities you have suffered.
- It is important that you keep a note of all financial losses suffered as a result of the accident so you are able to provide your solicitor with this information that he/she can then use to support your claim. Such losses may include a loss of earnings from work, property damaged in the accident, the cost of private treatment and accident or injury-related travel expenses.
- After the details of your claim are sent, your solicitor will attempt to negotiate a figure for the settlement of your claim.
Our staff are dedicated to achieving success for your claim and, upon instructing us, if required, will visit you at home or in hospital at your convenience to obtain instructions from you and/or your family in relation to your claim.
Please note, the claim processes as outlined above may not apply to all cases due to individual circumstances; they are provided as a general guide to claims only, not as definitive processes.